I have 5 speedling trays of DIVA and MARKETMORE just emerging in the
shadehouse. The cucumber beetles appeared to hit those trays this
morning. Not only were there beetles all over the leaves (which are
just the dicots right now), we found beetles in the soil of the
trays, also. It's pretty disgusting.

This brings up anoher issue for me, however. I noticed emerging
radish that are being shredded by flea beetles and now these cukes
being attacked by cucumber beetles. Both of these incidents are
occuring to plants that have yet to even start their first true
leaves. in my knowledge of plant physiology, these plants, so far,
are developing from nutrients that were stored in the seed and not
nutrients from the soil. If that's the case, accepting that sick
plants attract insects, am I defeated at the seed level? In other
words, is there something wrong with my seed that's causing the
seedlings to attract pests or is this really my own soil problem(s)?

Seeking solutions and not blame

-Allan