Hello, my first post.  I have read all the basic information about flashing
eMMC from microSD.  I have 2 bbb.  I have successfully updated them both to
the latest versions of angstrom using the user button hold and power
method.

I use putty for windows to turn on x11server to login to the desktop over
the network to see it working.

I have a project that I am trying to do called mineninja.  its over at
mineninja.com -  specifically these instructions:
https://github.com/slayersoft/MineNinja
Restoring a backup to the eMMC:

Copy the image file to a microSD car Boot the BeagleBone with the "user"
button depressed and the microSD inserted. With the BeagleBone running from
the microSD you can now safely flash the eMMc. From your desktop machine
you can use a command like this: xz -cd mineninjaBBB.img.xz | ssh
root@mineninja.local 'dd of=/dev/mmcblk1 bs=1M'

OK so i did copy the image file to the sd card booted with user button
while its inserted then applied power.  waited all night long and the 4
solid lights are not showing.  itbasically just ran from sd card.  even if
i dont hold the button in, it runs from sdcard if the sdcard is in, and if
sdcard is out and i power it up, it runs from emmc default angstrom image
that I flashed with the flasher file.  The problem is that the image of
mineninjabbb.img isnt a flasher image.  And I dont understand what the
instructions mean to restore the backup, which in my case is just that 2nd
part of the instructions when they mention goto your desktop machine and
put that command in.  can someone help me.  I can tether fine with the bbb,
the image is on sdcard already and it boots to the sdcard and it runs the
mineninga from the sdcard, i just want to flash it to the eMMC!.  I have
putty and can remote into the bbb either over the network or via tether.
 thanks in advance for the help.