I have the same problem with the LCD7 on Archlinux and would really like to
get it fixed.   I can't find the above file on my installation and am not
sure where to look.   Or for that matter what to do with the patched file
if I were able to find it.   Can someone help with a) telling me where to
look for the right file to patch, and b) tell me how to build a patched
driver?   I am not a complete neophyte with Linux (I frequently build apps
from source and can debug build problems)  but I dont know where to start
with drivers!

Thanks,
Will