On Jun 26, 2014 12:10 AM, "William Hermans" <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, ok got it.
>
> Well . . . since it's been well over a year I think the video drivers
need priority. This is something that I personally have no interest in,
*HOWEVER* many do have interest, and I think it is high time TI made an
effort to work with the community on this.

> From the outside looking in, it very much looks like TI is dragging their
feet in this respect, and in a way reflects that TI has no pride in their
products. Surely, there is much more to this than I realize, but that
really is no excuse.

> So my point here I suppose is that if one business can not provide a
working part, then perhaps it is time to look  elsewhere for the specific
part. Being an American myself I prefer to spend American, but a working
part that has no software support is pretty much useless. That also doesn't
mean half fast. . .
> It means working period, not only on x.y.z kernel running a single OS (
Android ? really ?! )

As a commercial user of the bbb I, and others I've talked to, feel the same
way about the video driver support on the BBB. There is a market
opportunity for someone if they could build a board of similar
cost/performance but with mainline kernel graphics support. I'd certainly
prefer if TI could correct the deficiency with the am335x though.

Chris