Lucas,

In that case perhaps crosstool-ng may be the way to go. I mean you *could*
also run a Debian VM just as a support system for the BBB. But that adds
complexity, which may / may not outweigh just building your own toolchain.
It depends on how much you know about what, and what you do / do not like
to do. Some people, myself included just do not feel like building their
own tools chains . . .

Douglas, obviously you do not use the prebuilt images that come shipped
with the BBB. I do not either, I build my own custom images based on RCN's
instructions / scripts. Why ? Because I have too many other things going on
in my life to learn / worry about yet_another_thing. I have a project in
mind, for which I have *many* things to learn. I really do not want to add
to that pile any more than I have to. So, this is not a game this is called
getting something done with the least amount of resistance as possible. It
almost sounds like you took my last post personal. Also remember your last
statement works both ways.