I'm looking for a replacement for my antique Trixbox Asterisk servers using a BBB solution. One is a home system, the other is a small retail operation. Both in reliable operation since 2008. Run part time by a someone with a long term interest in Linux and communications systems (me).

The distribution http://www.beaglebone-asterisk.org/ is currently my focus. Is there anything I should know about it (good or bad)? Is there anything better for such use?

My occupation is embedded systems, not IT. I'd prefer to have a reasonable GUI to manage the configuration where possible. FreePbx seems to provide that in place of Trixbox. Not that I'm afraid of scripting or re-building kernels, I just have other things to do too.

Thanks!
Artie Lekstutis