I'm trying to build the 3.14.17-ti-r19 from:

g...@github.com:RobertCNelson/ti-linux-kernel-dev.git

...but I keep getting errors about the patches not applying.  I
currently get the following trying to build from tag 3.14.17-ti-r19 or
from the head of the ti-linux-3.14.y branch:

dir: beaglebone/pinmux
Applying: am335x-bone-common: split out am33xx_pinmux
error: patch failed: arch/arm/boot/dts/am335x-bone-common.dtsi:65
error: arch/arm/boot/dts/am335x-bone-common.dtsi: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 am335x-bone-common: split out am33xx_pinmux
When you have resolved this problem run "git am --resolved".
If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git am --skip".
To restore the original branch and stop patching run "git am --abort".
charles@cubox:~/ti-linux-kernel-dev$

If I switch to other tags (earlier versions, like ti-r18), I get
different patches that fail.

It looks like maybe the build_kernel.sh script is pulling in an untagged
version of the TI kernel:

Starting patch.sh
pulling: ti-linux-3.14.y
>From https://github.com/RobertCNelson/ti-linux-kernel
 * branch            ti-linux-3.14.y -> FETCH_HEAD

...and something is newer than expected which breaks the patch script.

What's the "right' way to build a -ti-19 kernel as a baseline so I can
start playing with updating the pinmux helper and universal device tree?

--
Charles Steinkuehler
char...@steinkuehler.net