Tried with an alias for the ttyO4:

alias char-major-248-4 xeno_16550A

But no reaction or error messages in dmesg, nor a change in driver link:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Nov 12 13:41 /sys/dev/char/248:4/device/driver ->
../../../bus/platform/drivers/omap_uart

Do the aliases require the kernel module to be included in the kernel or am
I barking up the wrong tree?

Please advice anyone...

Regards
Terje