I have an older BBB that is flashing just fine from my SD (3.8 kernel img).
When I put this same SD into a newer BBB it fails to flash because mmcblk1
doesn't exist. So I disabled the emmc flash script at the end of uEnv.txt,
and did an lsblk. Sure enough there is no emmc enabled, or at least mmcblk1
is not seen/mounted.

The SD card is unchanged from one device to another, and the only thing I
can see that's different is the newer one seems to be running U-Boot
2016.11-rc3-00002-g73df7f7, as apposed to the older one running U-Boot
2015.01.

If I grab a newer image (4.4) and put it on the SD, it works fine. The
issue is, I need to keep 3.8 for the time being, and I need it to properly
enable the emmc.

Anyone run into this type of issue? Any advice would be amazing! Thank you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/297c4a67-e336-4a10-9e01-24a8d5c64388%40googlegroups.com.