Thank you very much David.
I certainly don't care too much about not being able to connect via serial
port, but, like I said, I can't connect to Internet via shared network
connection on my PC, which is something I have no problems doing with
Debian 8.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/ef9a2528-2001-49fc-b82a-bbcad837fac6%40googlegroups.com.