I dunno for sure, but if they wanted to measure the processor time they
could.  It is also likely that they give CGI scripts a lower priority than
system functions, so a very greedy Perl script would end up being pretty
slow.

> they make vague statements about removing
> inappropriately-greedy scripts

I have a feeling that they are only pulling those scripts that have runtimes
of minutes, and aren't really being used for the usual purposes.  For
example, you could write a script that spidered a set of sites for you, then
returned some statistics.  ...Something like that would probably be frowned
upon.

You really need to ask them to know for sure.

Rob