Bert Freudenberg wrote:

I don't think anyone serious runs their Seaside installation as root. Most common is to proxy via Apache, but you can also use firewall settings to make your Seaside port appear as port 80 to the outside world, even though it actually is running on a non-privileged port.

This is solid advice, but I think John's issue is with his VNC connection. He's been saying that's on port 5900, which is outside the superuser range (1-1023 for those keeping score at home).

I'd recommend trying to telnet to the VNC server while the image is running. If you get a bunch of text with the letters rfb in it, then you know it's working.

- Ken