Hi

I'm writing a script to import logs into a Mysql .. My Perl is rusty
and I'm battling with a convention on the one column.  I need to
remove the text in inverted commas  "Prashil" 106 so that just the
number 106 remains.. I have been trying the following regex
s/(\"([^"]+)\"\s)//g but it doesn't seem to work. I got it from a
website .. It looked correct .. mmm .. with regard to it's structure i
don't quite get ([^"]+) as I have tried replacing it with other
combinations and had less luck. I have also tried

Thanks for advise in advance

Gregory Machin