"Chris Stinemetz" wrote in message news:ca+hbpzhw7scz2dnabxd0j1bqfcj3vpo7xm_dvrbqmpwrnul...@mail.gmail.com...

I have a script where I have captured the value on the left side of
the "=" as the header for my table. Now I want to take the value on
the right side of the "=" sign and populate a new row in table format
where the header value I stored in the @header array matches the value
on the left side of the "=" sign. Each dataset begins with a new line.
If there is no match I would like to return null or just "" as the
value.

Below is the script thus far.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,

Chris

currently my output is just the header. I haven't been able to figure
out how to do the rest.

**OUTPUT**
csno,rfpi,vrp0,vrp1,trl,repl,repl_d1,rrl,row[1],rfpc0,rfpc1,row[4],line,row[15],tti

[snip code and DATA]

Hello Chris,

It seems you are parsing a file created by a program you created earlier:

'split function' from perl.beginners

http://groups.google.com/group/perl.beginners/browse_frm/thread/9f442ea6e90d4fe6/40f9b99ee4015f6a#40f9b99ee4015f6a

If so, why is the intermediate file and format created when you could
have created your CSV file from the original data?

Chris