On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Manfred Lotz <manfred.l...@arcor.de> wrote:
> This is exactly what I don't want to do. IMHO, for testing modules or
> applications this is the way to go. However, for a standalone script
> I'd like to have my test data inside the script itself.

Well, you could add some input values and expected results in a
__DATA__ section (maybe as some sort of YAML or other serialization
format), and then add a '-T' runtime option that reads that data in,
runs it through the program, and uses 'require' to load Test::More to
get access to functions like is() and ok() and friends, and use those
to compare your inputs to your expected results.

Is something like that what you're envisioning?