Actually, I'm working on that.  When Donna wrote about Hugo's
difficulties, I remembered an apparatus that our local referral
surgeon (who does a lot of neck and back surgeries) used for his
neuro patients.  I've mentioned it to Donna, and am trying to get
more info on it.  Right now, he and I are playing phone tag, but
hopefully I'll have better luck on Monday.  I have at least
determined that they made it themselves, so I may be able to get
plans or something of the sort.  If so, this info will be available not
only for Hugo, but for any other berner in similar straits.

Melissa

On 31 Jan 03, at 10:43, Pat Long wrote:

> Andrea,
>
> You raise an excellent idea, but maybe it should be phrased a bit
> differently. Perhaps BEHAF could help finance a set of wheels. We
> could set up a special friends fund for Hugo!
>
> The people who make up BEHAF don't have any resources that we don't
> have, so it wouldn't be up to them to locate specialized care or
> equipment. But, if you can find some wheels that Hugo could use, or if
> someone else knows where those can be acquired - we could sure find a
> way for all of us to donate so that BEHAF can fund the purchase!
>
> Pat Long, a babysat shedding Gabby (& non-shedding Luther)
> Berwyn PA

> 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.

Melissa, Tyra and Orry  Granite Falls, NC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
BEHAF Homepage: http://www.behaf.com