This is the response I received from Cabela's. I wonder if anyone else
received similar posts.  Jeanne
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cabela's Customer Service" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: questionable tactics <<#221735-414501#>>

> Jeanne Schoech,
>
> I would like to take a moment to thank you for your concerns regarding our
puppy central days at Cabela's. As the majority of our outfitters live the
outdoor lifestyle, we share a common interest regarding the welfare of
animals that are sold during our events. Because of this care and concern,
we have adopted stringent guidelines that all of our breeders must follow in
order to present puppies for sale. The guidelines are as follows;

> 1. Breeders Must register with Cabelas before displaying or selling their
puppies.
> 2. Breeders Must have a suitable exercise pen for displaying puppies. No
puppies will be sold out of the back of any vehicle.
> 3. Breeders shall include an offer to refund the buyers money and/or
replace the puppy if it develops health problems. Breeders shall reimburse
the buyers documented related veterinary expenses in the case that health
problems arise within seven days of purchase.
> 4. Breeders will provide registration and pedigree records showing
breeders name, address, and telephone number for each puppy sold.
> 5. Breeders will sell only puppies of sound health and temperament.
> 6. Breeders will provide all genetic test results for the sire and dam and
be able to answer questions about heredity problems in their breeding stock
for several generations back.
> 7. Breeders shall supply vaccination worming and health records for
buyers.
> 8. Breeders shall honestly disclose genetic and potential faults of their
puppies as well as their strengths.

> In addition our Dundee location is privileged to have one of the better
known trainers in the area running this event. We believe that overall, our
standards are outstanding, and that we are committed to the welfare of the
animals.