On a different, but related note, I have a (likely very naive)
question...  How difficult/ feasible would it be to create a front-end
entirely independent of SBS, but leveraging CLI or something else to
have SBS handle playback.  This way, one could conceivably develop an
entirely independent database app with an API and include many of the
features we're not seeing now in the base build.  In other words, take
control of the user experience whilst just piggybacking off SBS to
handle playback.  The API would allow plugins to be added and apps like
iPeng to hook into the underlying database, thus enabling users to get
the same benefits via their remotes etc.  Clearly this wouldn't work
with the Controller and like hardware, but frankly, who cares?

--
audiomuze

The problem with most music is I don't care to hear it again