Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the reply. That's good to know I shouldn't be worried about the
results, but then again I'm not really sure, as you say, if I should even go
down this road. Using the standard edgeR normalization would also be
meaningless in my case unfortunately. I have two data sets of counts each
belonging to different organisms. One data set runs smoothly and the other
has all these problems yet the experiments done on both were exactly the
same. Kind of puzzling and unfortunate but I will investigate more into what
you're saying about the offsets and see if I can't adjust my
strategy. Thanks for the insights!

Best,
Sean