Hi Martin,

Thanks for flag=scanBamFlag(isValidVendorRead=TRUE). I didn't know it
existed.

Regarding parallelisation of I/O, I completely understand the challenge. I
can only add that in my experience with R and big sequencing files, the
bottleneck has been invariably the CPU and not the disk. I work in a 16 core
Intel Xeon X5570 2.93GHz with 144RAM. The disk is accessible through a
gigabit network.

I hope we get to hear some ideas from the community.

Thank you,

Ivan

Ivan Gregoretti, PhD
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
National Institutes of Health
5 Memorial Dr, Building 5, Room 205.
Bethesda, MD 20892. USA.
Phone: 1-301-496-1016 and 1-301-496-1592
Fax: 1-301-496-9878

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]