Ontbirders,

This morning we spent from 0830 to 1130, except for a half hour when we went two blocks south to an excellent family restaurant for breakfast (try it next Fall), sitting at the parking lot just north of Bowen Road and watching the Brown Pelican. It spent almost all of the time on buoy #5 except when it was fishing in the adjacent waters. At about 11:20 it flew out to the centre of the river to join a flock of feeding Common Terns. The charts indicate that this was just into Ontario waters. We left soon after, funny thing.

Bob Curry and Glenda Slessor

---