On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 12:47:35AM +0200, Peter Peltonen wrote:

> Yes, well I usually don't start searching the FAQ from Google if I am
> browsing the homepage of the project :)

Not to bash anyone, but if I don't find information about a project on
their homesite (or what I presume to be their homesite), I turn to my
trusted search engine (which is currently Google).

> And that part of login problem is not yet solved: I do not know how to
> automatically start apps at RH8 after I login into X. Only place that
> works is /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Blackbox, but as that is shared by all
> users it is not very convient. But I guess this is not a Blackbox
> problem, but a RH problem.

This requires a bit of knowledge regarding the whole startup process.
In most cases, the graphical login manager has it's own startup methods
that start applications in specific ways.  However, most that I've seen
also have an entry like "Default" or something similar.  This option
normally falls back to the normal X startup process that will use your
~/.xsession or ~/.xinitrc files.

--
Jamin W. Collins