On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:23:48 -0700 Sean 'Shaleh' Perry
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 22 August 2003 01:27, Anarky wrote:
> >     I'd love it if blackbox had this feature of opening in the first
> > workspace it finds empty. This is effectivelly what I do when I

> So let's pretend there is a "open on empty workspace" option.  The
> absolute best it could do would be:
>
> * jump to the empy workspace (or stay where we are if there are none)
> * launch the app
>
> Note, switching workspaces would cause the launching app to follow
> just like it does now.
>
> So all this really gains you is the ability to instantly identify and
> jump to an empty workspace.  This would be relatively easy to code,
> but is it worth it?  Perhaps you would benefit from running something
> like bbpager so you could visually identify an empty workspace.

I agree it's far from being a crucial feature, but it seems like a nice
one. And since you said it's easy to implement... :) Perhaps using the
middle button in the launch menu instead of the left button could do
this? Currently the middle button doesn't do anything there AFAICT.

--
Ciprian Popovici