Ciprian Popovici wrote:

On Sun, 29 May 2005 15:49:17 -0500 Michael Langley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
OK, here's the deal.  Whenever I tell somebody that I use blackbox they
inevitably assume that I use it because I have to.  People seem to think
that because I run a minimal wm without Gnome or KDE that I'm running an old PII with 128mb RAM or something similarly crappy. This is simply not the case.
So I'm wondering what kind of hardware the average blackbox user is
running on.

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ (1533 MHz)
RAM: 256 MB DDR
VID: GeForce2 MX, 32 MB

May I point out, after seeing the responses you got, that you're probably
not going to find very high specs in the Blackbox crowd. The very same
line of thinking that made them choose Blackbox will keep them from
upgrading just because "it's cool".

I will have to say that I too use blackbox not out of need but out of want. I have the following:
CPU: AMD 3000+
RAM: 3gig
VID: nvidia Ti 128mg

I do not run it because kde or gnome would be slow. I run blackbox because I feel that a computer is an extention of ones self and should thus work in the same fasion as ones self. For instance, I am curantly writing this email from my Mac laptop running OSX and thunderbird and if I could change the WM to blackbox w/out installing X11 mind you, I would never look back. You see, blackbox represents what a WM to me should be. Clean, fast, small footprint, low overhead w/ an elegant look and feel. So in short, I use blackbox out of choice and Not out of need.

JL