Thank you so much for your reply!

Typing the IP address in a web browser results in a "The connection has timed out" error.

This is a existing install that worked normally.

Just moments ago I had a thought and tried connecting from a different IP address. Apparently I have blocked myself. However clicking Security/Failed Logins/Reset all host blocks and then Save has no effect and neither does adding my IP address to Security/Login Manager/Whitelist.

So while things are not as dire as I imagined before I had to get 4 hours of sleep I can't figure out how to unblock myself.

Fungal Style wrote:
What do you see when you type in the IP address in a web browser (I
am assuming you are using an IP address that is routable and assigned
to your ESXI)?

Did the administrator log in appear previously? Or is this a fresh
install and you have ran the network shell script to config the IP,
etc?

Regards Brian

On 18/6/17, 8:32 pm, "Blueonyx on behalf of Lewis Gardner"
<blueonyx-boun...@mail.blueonyx.it on behalf of lew...@iglou.com>
wrote:

Everything looks normal but I can't connect.

I was adding vsites to a 5208R machine running on a ESXi 5.1 and all
of a sudden I could not connect. No vsites, no web GUI login, no SSH,
no pings returned.

Other machines on the ESXi 5.1 box work fine. If I connect using
vSphere client I can open a console to the 5208R machine, log in and
all looks normal. Plenty of disk space, memory and low CPU load. I
can ping domains on the Internet so there is network connectivity.

I have restarted the 5208R machine from console and everything looks
normal.