Sincerely, some reasons make me really sick of java are:

1. its has too much classes, almost everything is class, whenever I want to "read a file", I have to open my heavy java cookbook to find what class should I inherit from; and see BufferedReader <http://stein.cshl.org/jade/distrib/docs/java.io.BufferedReader.html#_top_>, LineNumberReader <http://stein.cshl.org/jade/distrib/docs/java.io.LineNumberReader.html#_top_>, CharArrayReader <http://stein.cshl.org/jade/distrib/docs/java.io.CharArrayReader.html#_top_>, InputStreamReader <http://stein.cshl.org/jade/distrib/docs/java.io.InputStreamReader.html#_top_>, FileReader <http://stein.cshl.org/jade/distrib/docs/java.io.FileReader.html#_top_>, FilterReader <http://stein.cshl.org/jade/distrib/docs/java.io.FilterReader.html#_top_>, PushbackReader <http://stein.cshl.org/jade/distrib/docs/java.io.PushbackReader.html#_top_>, PipedReader <http://stein.cshl.org/jade/distrib/docs/java.io.PipedReader.html#_top_>, StringReader <http://stein.cshl.org/jade/distrib/docs/java.io.StringReader.html#_top_>, which confuse me a lot. Admittedly, I have never could remember the file opening statement, since the complexity.

2. its class namespace is also horrible.
java.lang.xxxx
java.io.xxx
javax.xxxx
I remeber once, when I was working with Corba, it's very scary. Something like:
org.omg.CORBA.xxx

3. Since java has million of classes, java documents usually listed class by class.
When I want to know the usage of a class, I have to read the doc of the class, and maybe its parents, or even its grandparents to aviod misundstanding.

4. I think its "try and catch" statements make code unreadable and create unnecessary fatique to us.
Java classes frequently throw too many exceptions and force us to handle them.
when I open a TCP socket, I have to handle one exception, then while I'm reading the socket, I write the input to a file, I have to handle another exception, and so on.. This make code less readable.

try { //open sock

try { // write file

} catch (Exception xxxx) {
try {
} catch (Exception xxxx) {
// oh god
}
}
} catch (Exception xxxx) {

}

On the whole, I think that Java is an EXCELLENT language with a mediocre
implementation. Perhaps someday Sun will smarten-up and look to the people
who use it to help implement it, like they did with StarOffice (parrot may
very well have a full Java language interface). I'll be very happy to use it
when it does.
Grant M.

--
$_=`perldoc -U -q "What is a"`;m/"(.*?)"/;print$1