hi

( 03.02.11 09:42 -0500 ) Wizard:
> The problem is that last one with DOMAIN.CC format.

trust me, there are legit addresses in all kinds of weird permutations
of RFC 822. also, you wouldn't be the first person trying to solve this
problem.

i think the perl cookbook has something [and a disclaimer]. i remember
tom christiansen wrote something years ago [yes, i am *that* old] that
worked pretty well.

i'd think there are several things on CPAN you can use.

> 2.> Do email addresses ever have port numbers appended, like this:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:24

depends on MTA. for instance, i think this is a legit address:
billg@3475962302

--
.--- ...   [no iraq war]