In the middle of the long list of  replies to a posting about why ESBs
are bad (and REST is good) at
http://steve.vinoski.net/blog/2007/10/04/the-esb-question/  I find this
reply:
30. John Davies says: October 7th, 2007 at 6:42 pm
... your best option is shell scripts (awk, grep, cut, tail etc.) and
PERL, one very large US bank famously implemented their entire
integration strategy on this just a few years ago and it's already
out-lived a good half-dozen Java based efforts since.

Does anyone have the details about this?  He says "famously", but I am
not aware of even which bank it is.

Thanks,
Steve
--
Steven Tolkin    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     508-787-9006
Fidelity Investments   400 Puritan Way M3B     Marlborough MA 01752