On Thu 26/03/09  4:30 PM , Tom Metro tmetro-boston...@vl.com sent:

<snip>

> I suspect parking is going to be a pain at either location, given that
> the talks fall in or near business hours. (I don't recall the switch
> over time, but MIT lots probably aren't open to non-MIT people that
> early in the day.) Any parking suggestions? Anyone have a parking permit
> for either location or a business in the area and want to carpool?

I don't have parking near MIT or Harvard, but I can offer parking near Alewife.
 I live in North
Cambridge near the bike path, and one can request parking "consideration" for
an event, meaning
that they won't issue tickets for cars without resident permits within a
certain area.  I am on
Harvey St., and we typically ask for the area

Harvey St. from Clay to the end past Clifton; Clifton from Harvey to Dudley;
Dudley from Clifton
to Jackson; Jackson from Dudley to Harvey

One then walks on the bike path, through Russell Field to Alewife.  It's a 5 or
10 minute walk,
depending on who you ask.

1) Would people like me to do this?
2) What times should I request?

I need to make the request for Tuesday today.

-- Mabel :-)

Mabel Liang
ma...@twomeeps.com
Software Engineer turned Gardener