Folks,
This weekend, some folks on the Interwebs will be conducting a "Blog
Against Theocracy" event. It doesn't appear to have an official
"sponsor", but "First Freedom First", a group that stands for
church-state separation (good for both sides of that divide, I think
we may all agree) seems to be strongly behind it.

Read more, and blog against theocracy (if you have a blog and are so
inclined):

     http://www.talk2action.org/story/2008/3/20/162647/609

Apparently, the way it works is that you write your blog entry in
support of the separation of church and state, then send in the URL
via a form on blogagainsttheocracy.com.

I think this is mainly intended for citizens of the USA, because
blog entries are expected to support the US Constitution's separation
of church and state, but it's a big constitution: it can inspire
you no matter where you live.

By the way, it's _not_ about bashing religion: as one of the folks
pulling it together writes:

     The theme [of the blogswarm], like always, is the Separation of
     Church and State — we are for it. But the variations on the theme
     are many...This is not a bashing of religion - peeps can believe
     what they choose, however they choose — but it is a reminder that
     the Government should keep out of religion, and Religion should
keep
     out of the government.

Dave