On 21 Mar 2008, at 15:53, Nick Arnett wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Andrew Crystall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> wrote:
>

>> All an explicit Church-State divide does is mean that politicians
>> cannot explicitly be called on their overtly religious policies,
>> because there is this "divide" in place so they couldn't *possibly*
>> be religious.
>

> It seems to me that maintaining separation of church and state
> demands that
> we educate people to discern such matters so that they don't vote
> for people
> who are unable or unwilling to see a clear difference between
> matters of
> faith and matters of fact and science.

The only effective way of separating church and state is to forbid
those infected with religion from voting or holding political office.

Utopian Maru.

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I think a case can be made that faith is one of the world's great
evils, comparable to the smallpox virus but harder to eradicate. -
Richard Dawkins