I have to say that I think you have got it completely wrong.

The fact that most new players currently come from university should tell us
in of itself where we should be focusing promotion efforts. The primary
focus should be on Junior ultimate. The younger you introduce ultimate to
new people the more of them you will managed to keep, and the better they
will be (and thus the better the overall standard). It is no surprise (at
least not to me) that the countries with the best Junior ultimate are the
countries with the best standard of Ultimate throughout.

Also, while getting the finalists from Nationals to do some promotion is a
fine idea, it is not enough. We should be encouraging EVERYONE to do
something to promote ultimate. It is not just the very top teams that can
convince people this is a sport worth playing. Every team out there should
be aware of the local schools and Unis that have teams (or don't), and try
to get involved and help them out.

You certainly don't want to get into the situation where only the top teams
are expected to (or deemed capable of) promoting the sport. I maybe reading
too much into it, but that is the impression your post gives me off the bat.

Crispy