On Apr 1, 2015, at 3:05 PM, Hitesh Sofat <sofathit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Hitesh Sofat <sofathit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 3:20 AM, Christopher Sean Morrison
>> <brl...@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Even this can be handled with a directory queue strategy.  It just needs a
>>> ledger of what has and has not been e-mailed yet.  This could be handled
>>> with a separate queue or could be a metadata/semaphore file.
>>
>> Alright. I have not done this before but this seems interesting. I
>> will be glad if you assist / suggest a bit more on this (wanting to
>> try it locally).
>
> Reply waited.

I see that Erik replied to you on IRC.  I’m not sure what more you’re waiting
for me to suggest… :)

The idea is really simple.  You put files into a directory that represents them
being in some state.  You move those files to other directories to indicate
their transition to other states.  Since the data we’re dealing with here can
be represented as patch files plus some minor authorship metadata, that seems
very appropriate for a file-based solution rather than a relational database.
Make sense?

Cheers!
Sean