On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 10:35:46PM +0100, Danny & Lonni wrote:
> Et lille tillægsspørgsmål.
> Jeg har skiftet fra en alu gryde til en rustfri gryde. Samme
> størrelse. Det virker umiddelbart som om at den rustfri kræver MEGET
> mere varme for at koge.  Lyder det helt åndsvagt?

Not at all. Aluminium is a better conductor of heat that steel is. And a
lot can depend on the individual pot. I have two steel pots, one with a
good solid bottom. That can boil wort all right, all 20 liters of it.
And I have a small el cheapo pot, only 15 liters, but on my stove it
can't get water to boil. The reason seems to be the thin bottom that
deforms under heat, and will not make solid contact to my
(glass-ceramic) stove.

As long as you get it boiling, it should be

   beer anyway

      -H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk