From: BVARC [mailto:bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org] On Behalf Of JP Pritchard via BVARC
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:25 AM
To: bvarc@bvarc.org
Cc: JP Pritchard <jppn...@comcast.net>
Subject: [BVARC] Help

Hi folks,

I am a newbie to Ham Radio and a newbie to the club, so I'm writing to ask for
your help in picking a rig. I just passed my General exam so many options are
open to me and I'd like to explore a lot of those options.  I currently own a
Baofeng HT and a Yaesu FT2900 two meter transceiver, but no equipment for HF.
I've been looking at HF VHF UHF units.  I've even looked at the Alesis KX3 and
the Flex 1500.  They don't cover the VHF-UHF bands but they do appeal to me.
Bottom line, I don't want to spend more than a thousand dollars if possible.
What do you suggest?  As Sergeant Schultz used to say on Hogan's Heroes, "I
know nothing."  I'll really appreciate your suggestions.

JP (Richard) Pritchard

KG5MBG

  _____

No virus found in this message.