Hi Troy,

Assuming you're downloading a specific release, I'd recommend checking the
hash against a known-good hash, with a command like:

echo 'b28054a7a2bfea42bfc392c8d009630d94d72e8ce86a23ad6f18b5e72574064f
 capnproto-c++-0.9.0.tar.gz' | sha256sum -c

Whenever you update to a newer version, you'd update the hash.

I'm not against also signing releases with an asymmetric key, but I don't
think I'll have time to set up the infrastructure for that any time soon,
sorry.

-Kenton