Hey,

I was playing around a bit to see if I could compile capnproto with the
wasi-sdk or emscripten. wasi is a "web assembly system interface" that
allows running wasm code completely without a JS runtime, while emscripten
requires a browser/nodejs runtime. I think both options could be
interesting for distributing software in a platform independent way.

However, it seems capnproto doesn't compile out of the box with either.
When targeting wasi, it is missing a bunch of things such as pipes,
signals, and exceptions as far as I understand from compile errors in kj
exception and unix abstraction code. When targeting emscripting it actually
compiles but has some missing symbols during linking, also related to
exceptions:
https://github.com/emscripten-core/emscripten/issues/11985#issuecomment-1019317541

Would there be a way to compile capnproto without these problematic
features, or a feasible way to provide wasi-specific stubs for them?

Cheers,
Pepijn