Has anyone else looked at couchbase/membase server (
http://www.couchbase.org/get/couchbase/current)?  I moved my test and dev
instances of CAS to it from memcached this weekend and it looks like a great
replacement for repcache:
* Uses the standard Memcache protocol - MemCacheTicketRegistry works without
modification
* Supports clusters with more than 2 nodes
* Multiple data 'buckets' that allow you to partition your server
and separate applications
* Apache 2 licensed community edition with a commercial edition with support
contracts available
* In use at some really high-traffic sites - Zynga uses it for Farmville,
Mafia wars, etc (I'm trying not to hold that against it)
* Nice web-based monitoring/admin console for keeping tabs on the health of
the cluster

There are also membase-specific enhancements in the new version of the
spymemcached client.  I'm going to look at updating MemCacheTicketRegistry
to take advantage of the new version

-Eric

Eric Pierce
Identity Management Architect