Thanks for the update Marvin. I try do try to stay current with the
desired/best practice when releases come out. If not, I end up down the road
asking why isn't XXX not working  now, only to learn that "we haven't done it
that way in years".  :)

I did start messing around, and I switching to:
<bean id="cleanerLock"
    class="org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.support.JpaLockingStrategy"
    p:uniqueId="${host.name}"
    p:applicationId="cas-ticket-registry-cleaner"
  />

Has seemed to be working so far (in test).

Feel free to include me (or let me know how to include myself) in release
candidate testing.

John

John Gasper
Identity & Integration Architect    EWU Information Technology
202 Huston Hall    Cheney, WA 99004
509.359.6419    jgas...@ewu.edu    www.ewu.edu