You should login to CAS with the username "admin" and whatever your
password is for "admin" in your authentication backend, NOT the password
"test".  The password provided in:

<sec:user name="admin" password="test" authorities="ROLE_ADMIN" />

is not used by CAS - it always uses your authentication backend.

        Andy

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, Ben Branch wrote:

> Scott,
>
> I have reverted my configuration back to the way you have specified:
>
> <sec:user-service id="userDetailsService">
>        <sec:user name="admin" password="test" authorities="ROLE_ADMIN" />
> </sec:user-service>
>
> When I use this, I get an error message on the services page that says:
> "The credentials you provided cannot be determined to be authentic."
>
> Ben Branch
> Sun Administrator
> University of Central Oklahoma
> ITIL Foundation v3, Network+
>
> 100 N. University Drive, Box 122
> Edmond, OK 73034
> D: 405.974.2649 | M: 405.550.6804 | bbranch@uco.<mailto:bbranch@uco.>edu |
> www.uco.edu<http://www.uco.edu/>
>
> "If you wish to know your past, look at your present conditions.  If you wish
> to know your future, look at your present actions."  - Siddhartha Gautama

 xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.ConversionNotSupportedException: Failed to convert
property value of type 'org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl'
to required type
'org.springframework.security.core.userdetails.UserDetailsService' for property
'userDetailsService'; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Cannot convert value of type
[org.acegisecurity.userdetails.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl] to required type
[org.springframework.security.core.userdetails.UserDetailsService] for property
'userDetailsService': no matching editors or conversion strategy found