mod_auth_cas should fit your Apache authentication needs nicely.  Please
try to use 1.0.9.1, which is the latest release.  Attributes are supported,
but only via SAML Validation.  Please take a look at the README [1] for
configuration parameters.  You will need to configure your CAS server to
acquire and release the attributes as appropriate to reflect group
membership.
HTH,
-Matt
[1] https://github.com/Jasig/mod_auth_cas/blob/master/README

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Guy Grenier <guy.gren...@mavenir.com>wrote:

>  Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> I am new to CAS. I am using Apache basic authentication, which has a
> (username,password) file and a group file.****
>
> ** **
>
> What CAS client should be used: mod_auth_cas?****
>
> ** **
>
> Also I want to return the group to which a user belongs to the service
> requesting validation. How can I do this if the protocol used is CAS (as
> opposed to SAML for example). CAS1  /validate URI only returns the
> username. CAS2 /serviceValidate URI only returns the username and the
> granting ticket.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thank you,****
>
> Guy****