Hi Jerome,

I have audit trail manager log before this error. Here is the log.

2013-07-29 08:13:51,755 INFO
[org.jasig.cas.ticket.registry.support.DefaultTicketRegistryCleaner] -
<Finished ticket cleanup.>
2013-07-29 08:14:45,222 INFO [org.jasig.cas.web.flow.InitialFlowSetupAction] -
<Setting path for cookies to: /cas-server/>
2013-07-29 08:14:54,264 INFO
[com.github.inspektr.audit.support.Slf4jLoggingAuditTrailManager] - <Audit
trail record BEGIN
WHO: audit:unknown
WHAT: 'principal' cannot be null.
Check the correctness of @Audit annotation at the following audit point:
execution(public abstract transient org.jasig.cas.authentication.Authentication
org.jasig.cas.authentication.AuthenticationManager.authenticate(org.jasig.cas.authentication.Credential[]))
ACTION: TICKET_GRANTING_TICKET_NOT_CREATED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Mon Jul 29 08:14:54 EDT 2013
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: 10.30.100.45
SERVER IP ADDRESS: 10.247.77.210

~

Regards,
--
Avinash

faced it, it hid another error : don't you have anything else in your logs
(just before) ?
Best regards,
Jérôme

2013/7/29 Ashwath, Avinash
<avinash.ashw...@emc.com<mailto:avinash.ashw...@emc.com>>
Hi,

I was experimenting with CAS 4.0 RC1. While authenticating I am getting the
following error.

WHO: audit:unknown
WHAT: 'principal' cannot be null.
Check the correctness of @Audit annotation at the following audit point:
execution(public abstract transient org.jasig.cas.authentication.Authentication
org.jasig.cas.authentication.AuthenticationManager.authenticate(org.jasig.cas.authentication.Credential[]))
ACTION: TICKET_GRANTING_TICKET_NOT_CREATED
APPLICATION: CAS
WHEN: Mon Jul 29 07:47:48 EDT 2013
CLIENT IP ADDRESS: 10.30.100.45
SERVER IP ADDRESS: 10.247.77.210

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
--
Avinash

--