I have recently managed to get my test CAS server to use our MSSQL server for
the JPA ticket registry backend using the instructions found here:
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/JpaTicketRegistry and here:
https://lists.wisc.edu/read/archive?id=13452694 and some tweaks that I learned
along the way.

I have read through https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/Clustering+CAS and I
have a couple of questions.

Since we have a clustered SQL setup, I shouldn't need to replicate tickets
between two data stores as our SQL infrastructure is already fault tolerant.
Given, that it seems the only thing I'd need to do at this point is configure
my other test server to work with the same data store and then configure Tomcat
session replication.  Is that correct or am I missing something?

Are there any security issues I need watch out for such as unencrypted traffic
between the servers?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff