Looking more closely at this, it seems like the problem is caused because
your log4j.xml file is in the wrong directory.

What happens if you move
"/oracle/app/cas/cas-server-3.5.2/cas-server-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-IN
F/spring-configuration/log4j.xml" over to
"/oracle/app/cas/cas-server-3.5.2/cas-server-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-IN
F/classes/log4j.xml"? The log4j.xml file should be there by default. I am
not sure why or how it's gotten into the spring-configuration directory.

You can also control the location of the log4j file by having it outside
the cas web application. This is, as you note, controlled via the key:
log4j.config.location=/etc/cas/log4j.xml

The " log4jconfigurer" by default looks into the above key to figure out
where the file is...and since that key by default is commented out (or it
should be), CAS looks into the "classes" directory to find it. For some
reason, yours isn't there by default.

SafeDispatcherServlet: