On Thu, 23 Apr 2015, Paul B. Henson wrote:

From: Waldbieser, Carl
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:20 AM

We are using mod_auth_cas in front of a couple web apps, and it works pretty
much as you would expect.  Since it is a fairly decoupled integration with your
web app, the "log out" links in your web app will tend not to work the way one
might expect.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. The majority of the applications we would switch
to mod_auth_cas already use web server-based authentication, so they don't
really have logout buttons, that shouldn't be a problem.

I can't speak to the perl modules you mention, but a lack of activity is not
necessarily a bad thing.  CAS is a relatively simple and straightforward
protocol.
The code for a CAS client should tend to stabilize pretty quickly.

True; although CAS 4 has been out for a while, with a new version of the protocol. Not seeing any changes at all for 3-4 years, whether bug fixes, enhancements, or updated protocol support, makes one concerned they are not really maintained.

I have several Perl apps that I wanted to CASify. I looked at a few of the Perl modules for CAS and didn't like what I saw, so I used mod_auth_cas instead. I'm very happy with mod_auth_cas. It's very easy to check $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'} in Perl. :)

        Andy