I've been fighting a similar problem here on linux.  My solution
was to "downgrade" the tcl + blt packages to use tcl version 8.4.
Tcl version 8.5 is not working happily here with ccp4i.
That still leaves me with a few CCP4 components that complain
about version incompatibilities, but I assume those would be
fixed if I re-built them from source.

        Ethan

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 12:51, Steven Muchmore wrote:
> Andreas;
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  The distribution you
> pointed me at
> doesn't work either, the bltwish application
> segmentation faults.
>
> It might be a 64bit vs 32 bit thing, since I'm using a
> Mac Pro 64 bit
> machine.  I guess I get to go back to the makefile for
> blt.
>
> Thanks again,
> Steve
>
> --- Andreas Förster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Dear Steven,
> >
> > I've struggled with this for the longest time.
> > Neither the source from
> > ccp4 nor from sourceforge works.  What did the trick
> > for me was to
> > download the entire ccp4 distribution
> >

> ftp://ftp.ccp4.ac.uk/ccp4/6.0.2/binaries/ccp4-6.0.2-osx-i386.dmg.gz
> >
> > This contains a package for tcl/tk and blt, which
> > installs with no problems.
> >
> > By the way, your error can be precluded by setting
> > the host variable in
> > the blt config file to the output of
> >
> > /usr/share/libtool/config.guess
> >
> > It should be 'i686-apple-darwin9.2.0'.
> >
> > However, even after that, blt compilation failed for
> > me.  So go with the
> > pre-build ccp4 package as described above.
> >

> > Andreas
> >

> > Steven Muchmore wrote:
> > > All;
> > >
> > > Has anyone been able to compile Tcl/Tk and Blt for
> > Mac
> > > OS X Leopard (10.5.2)?  I'm having problems with
> > the
> > > out of the box distribution.  When I run the
> > > build_tcl_tk.sh script, it stops with the
> > following
> > > error:
> > >
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .

> > >  Building blt2.4u

> > >  Running the BLT configure script
> > > ./configure --prefix=/Users/muchmsw/Tcl/usr/local
> > > --exec_prefix=/Users/muchmsw/Tcl/usr/local
> > > --with-tcl=/Users/muchmsw/Tcl/usr/local
> > > --with-tk=/Users/muchmsw/Tcl/usr/local
> > --with-cc=cc
> > > --includedir=/Users/muchmsw/Tcl/usr/local/include

> > > creating cache ./config.cache
> > > checking host system type... configure: error: can
> > not
> > > guess host type; you must specify one
> > >
> > > Has anyone else seen this error and figured out a
> > work
> > > around?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steve
> > >
> > > Steven W. Muchmore
> > > Group Leader, Cheminformatics
> > > Abbott Laboratories
> > > Abbott Park, IL USA

> > > Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page.
> > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

Ethan A Merritt            Courier Deliveries: 1959 NE Pacific
Dept of Biochemistry
Health Sciences Building
University of Washington - Seattle WA 98195-7742