Hi Leonard

Does the scratch area for the other user exist. Normally this is $CCP4_SCR/<username>

Charles Ballard
CCP4

On 9 Jun 2009, at 22:27, Leonard Thomas wrote:

I have ran into this problem before but cannot figure out how I worked it out. I have setup ccp4-6.1.1 on a redhat enterprise linux box. I have installed ccp4 under root and I can run things from my personal account on the box. When I try and run something under an other account then nothing really happens. The gui ccp4i interface come up but when you try and load an mtz file you get error messages saying it can not open file. If you run mtzdump from the command line it does read the file just fine. I have reloaded ccp4 and checked all the permissions and everything seems to be ok. I have some users who are just learning and I really don't think they get much out of the learning process watching me on my personal computer run through things.

Cheers,
Len

Leonard Thomas Ph.D.
Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory Manager
University of Oklahoma
620 Parrington Oval
Norman, OK 73019

lmtho...@ou.edu