Hi
i also faced this type of problem with my protein. i used additive screen
for getting some thick needles and then with that condition i used
seeding approach to get thick single crystal. try to use micro seeding with
this . i used micro dilution or streak seeding for this.
for seeding try to get that condition in which crystals come late......try
to play with precipitant concentration for this  .......

regards

--
Vandana Kukshal
Postdoc Fellow