To repeat James's points
1) DANO (or Diso) maps are are equivalent to calculating a projection - even for perfect data the term is F" sin(PhiP-PhiA) so
it wont be as clear as a LLG map.. from either SHARP or Phaser .

2) the SIGMA level will reflect the Se signal strength
I usually calculate a DANO map and do a peak search to check whether there is a weak signal. (GUI FFT anomalous - peak search - then read those "coordinates" into coot to compare to the existing model. The weak scatterers are usually there but often way down the list..

3) Of course if the anom diff is a bit damaged by radiation or something else your signal may be buried by the noise.

Eleanor