From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of
Jobichen Chacko
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 2:12 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Off-topic: Supplying PDB file to reviewers

Dear All,
Here comes the problem of blind reveiw, the authors are always at the
receving end to share all there data, results and now the full
cordinates to an unknown person, just trusting the journal editor. Why
don't the journals think about making the name of the reviewer also
public.

Eventhough the persons advocated giving the cordinates, there were cases
of holding the paper for reveiw for few months and finally rejecting it,
while a very close article appeared as accelerated publn within few
weeks of rejection of the original paper. Refer to the previous
discussion on fake structure.

Again it depends on how close you are towards the acceptance. Also
hesitation to give away your cordiantes without any guarantee of
publishing it in that journal cannot be considered as a big sin,
especially if someone's graduation is depend on a single paper.

Jobi